Saturday, December 12, 2009

Making Shortbread And 9-Patches

Oh yeah..I can bake! I made my first ever batch of shortbread cookies today courtesy of a recipe I found on another quilter's site called Esther's Blog. Her recipe seemed simple enough that I figured I couldn't possibly screw it up.

I came out with far less than it looked like on her pictures though. When I did the oven conversion it came close to 350 and went with that. It took a lot longer to bake so I know I screwed up something. I probably made them too thick. My family inhaled them regardless and they had the texture/taste of shortbread and that's all that counts.

She has some fabulous quilts that I've drooled over as well.

I have done 12o 9-patches now! 1320 left to do! I'm wondering if I should add green fabric with the purple fabric. It would also help use up my stash. I worry about being sick of purple in a few more weeks.

It also hit me that my dad turned 60 today. I can't believe my dad is old. I know 60 isn't old, old, but still. I love him so much.

1 comments:

Esther Aliu said...

Hi Bethany,

Shortbread is the kind of biscuit that improve each time you make it, so don't worry! As for thickness, you develop your own preference. I personally like them thicker, my DD's ignore my want and make then thin and crisp - still delicious...and you can eat more as each has fewer calories! (well I like to think so)...

Love Esther

PS
60 is NOT old!