Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Baby Booties?

Leave it to DH to ask some interesting questions.

"Are you knitting baby booties?" he asks as he sees me attempting to knit.

I about choked on my knitting needles.

"Is there something I should know?" is his next question with a confused expression on his face.

This time I swallowed them.

After carefully pulling them out, I asked "Where in the world did you get that idea?"

He replies with, "Well, it looked like you were knitting something small, like baby booties."

Baby booties?? Baby booties?? I didn't even know he knew those words. Does he even know what they are?

After at least 20 start over attempts I have this with some basic cotton yarn:

From Quilted with Love
After all of those attempts I finally figured out that the pattern is in groups of 3's. DUH. If I make sure there are 3 stitches after each section I know I'm good. As long as I come up with 24 stitches at the end of the row I'm doing it right.

I started doing the same pattern with the new yarn but didn't like the look. It just didn't seem to fit right.

The smaller one is the fancier yarn. The larger is a heavier cotton yarn.

From Quilted with Love
The biggest problem with this pattern is if you mess up, it's nearly impossible to fix it. That means ripping it entirely out for me. It's worse with the smaller one because the stitches are smaller.

*edited* I messed up the smaller one. I've tried fixing it only to make it worse. Sigh. I wish I knew someone close by that could show me how to fix it.

I still like the look of the larger one though.

0 comments: