Saturday, January 02, 2010

Quilting Ideas

I finally got around to thinking about some quilting ideas for this year.


* I'd like to start up on some YouTube quilting tutorials. I got the H1N1 virus a couple of months ago and it really put me back with all the coughing. Plus my camera people are little and that makes it hard.

Some topics I thought of via google analytics are
*back basting
*Janome 6600 review
*Janome 350e review
*Viking Topaz review
*Piecing a Dahlia quilt

Anything else you would like me to attempt to do for a tutorial?

*Buy a pair of Dovo scissors. I want them. I know I do. Just get them.

*Machine embroider pillowcases and a sheet set.

*Machine embroider matching towels (not to the above)

*Finish two quilts. That's right two. Not a zillion. Not five. Two.

*Think about getting those knitted beaded bags done. I have attempted it. Several times in fact. Things just keep going wrong. However; I can knit with size 0000 needles now. Sort of.

*Find a beginner book on how to knit a pair of socks. Maybe even try knitting one..not a pair. Just one sock. Any suggestions on the book? And NOT Knitting For Dummies. Useless book series.

*Learn to make or buy something *GASP* whimsical and cute that's not quilt related. This one will kill me. I know it will. Cute and/or whimsical is not me.

I've stretched my brain too far now. Anything else and my brain will explode.

2 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

For the socks, join Ravelry.com and search for Silver's Sock class. It is a wonderful tutorial on socks. You're going LOVE making them!

Kathie said...

I have a friend who swears by the Stitch n' Bitch book series. I taught myself how to crochet last summer using their book, "The Happy Hooker."